Please try again later. This video is unavailable. Fotis extra cam . I just checked the valves last week and they were within tollerance. Without the start knob pulled, he attempted to start it. I am having problems with starting my wr450. Watch Queue Queue I had not been riding in the last 9 weeks, however I did start it a couple of times. When starting the bike cold using the electric starter, it will not start. If I use the kick starter or roll start it, it starts up quickly. I am having problems with starting my wr450. So much that i had to roll start it last weekend. The Yamaha WR450F is an off-road motorcycle made by Yamaha Motor Company.It currently has a 450 cc (27 cu in) liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine. I just checked the valves last week and they were within tollerance. My bike starts pretty well when cold, but when it is hot, I have not found a way to get it to fire up right away-such as on a dead engine Hare Scramble start.My old WR400 would fire up right away and keep up w/ all of the 2 smokes off the line,but I have still not mastered the tecnique on the 450. Now once past TDC engine rolls past too far to get a good kick. Watch Queue Queue. First offered in 1998 at 400cc, it shared many components and design concepts with the YZ400F motocross model. When starting the bike cold using the electric starter, it will not start. Once the bike is warmed up it starts easily using the electric starter. It is basically the racing YZ450F detuned slightly for more controllable power, with a headlight and lighting coil, … I have a 2005 Yamaha WR450. It was like a flashback a few weeks ago when I was trying to start the bike and my buddies were blasting ahead of me on the trails. I counted 7 tries. He finally did what I had been doing all along, pulled the starter knob and it fired up. 2020 Yamaha WR450F Cross Country Motorcycle - Photo Gallery, Video, Specs, Features, Offers, Inventory and more When the bad starter was in it was dragging abit and it was easier to find to roll slightly past TDC. If I use the kick starter or roll start it, it starts up quickly. My bike has developed the following problem lately. This bike is brand new yet when I start it cold in the garage (40-50 degrees F.) I have to crank it about 10 seconds straight and do this 4 or 5 times before itll hit. This feature is not available right now. This video is unavailable. My bike has developed the following problem lately. I had not been riding in the last 9 weeks, however I did start … I dont know how many kms are on it as the speedo cable broke not long after i got it. I have a 2005 Yamaha WR450. Once the bike is warmed up it starts easily using the electric starter. How hard is it to adjust the valves? Watch Queue Queue I've tried a slight pump from the accelerator and then the hot start and while that does work I haven't perfected that for an easy start. It wouldn't fire. Just wondering if all Wrs are as hard to start as mine when theyre cold?